Tuesday 24 April 2012

When being a waiter goes horribly wrong

Now this is not a post about my experiences at work, it is one that has come from being at the other side of the table and being waited on. It happened a few years ago and begun with a day trip to Alton Towers. Due to it being so far away we decided to stay there for the night. So that evening we went out for dinner in a restaurant that I sadly can not remember the name of, but I guess that will not be important with what I'm about to tell you. 
So we are sitting down waiting for our food to arrive, I had ordered fajitas with all the trimmings and was incredibly hungry so could not wait for them to arrive. It is when they arrived that everything began to go down hill.
So a waiter brings over my sizzling fajitas that smell lovely, and then the dreaded thing happens. He begins to put the plate down and then all of a sudden I have a lap full of guacamole, sour cream and cheese. I was even lucky enough to have some in my handbag if I wanted to have a little bit later. The waiter gets all flustered, apologetic and red faced and obviously I did not see him again for the rest of the evening. 
I am lucky enough to have never thrown a plate of food over any of my customers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment